Simple Yellow Sponge Cake Recipe
Simple Yellow Sponge Cake is made with only some components that you simply most likely have in your pantry. Click here to see the nutrition facts of sponge cake. And also click here to see more cake recipes.
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar = 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Whip Four egg in a stand mixer on excessive speed for about 1 minute, then add 1.5 cups powdered sugar (or 1 cup of granulated sugar) in thirds whereas persevering with to whip.
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack within the center. Line an eight-inch spherical cake pan (a minimum of 2 inches tall) lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Alternatively, you possibly can brush room temperature butter on the within of the pan, then mud it with flour, knocking out the surplus to make the floor non-stick.
- Fasten the moist baking strips across the baking pan for an evenly risen cake (non-compulsory).
- Whereas the eggs are whipping sift the 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1 tsp baking powder, twice.
- Mix the melted butter and sizzling water in a cup and whisk collectively to combine.
- Whip the eggs and sugar for about 15-20 minutes or till the batter ribbon falling off the whisk would not disappear for about 2-Three seconds. You need to be sure that the eggs are correctly whipped earlier than persevering with the following steps for the profitable rise of the cake within the oven.
- Advert 1 Tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Now add the flour into the whipped eggs in halves, rigorously folding with a spatula forming the quantity Eight with every stroke. Don’t overfold or the cake shall be robust. Simply fold sufficient to include the flour.
- Add the melted butter combination into the batter and thoroughly fold with a spatula till no streaks of liquid are seen.
- Pour the batter into an eight-inch spherical cake pan (a minimum of 2 inches tall).
- Bake the cake for about 30 minutes on the center rack of preheated to 350F oven. Verify the cake with a toothpick/skewer by inserting it within the center. If it comes out clear with no crumbs on it, the cake is able to be faraway from the oven. Take away it to a cooling rack and permit it to take a seat undisturbed for 5-10 minutes. Then invert it onto a cooling rack and take away the foil. Permit to fully cool earlier than utilizing.
- For finest outcomes depart the cake on the counter for 6-Eight hours earlier than utilizing it in a cake. It will scale back the quantity of crumbling while you go forward to separate the cake layer into two horizontally.